Instructions for Submitting Your Products
How do I submit my product information?
There are several ways to submit your product information:
- Download and complete the "NDAssist Product Spreadsheet" - requires you to cut and paste from text files
- Export content from your own database or website - we can review it and see if it can be directly imported in NDAssist to minimize manual labour
- Add and edit products online - you must request an account and password from us
- Get NDAssist to transfer the data - for a nominal fee ($50-100) we can transfer your data from a text file to our database
The product information is divided into specific fields. The separation allows users to
The search results display the found records in order of where the search term is found. The following is a list of the field that appear in NDAssist in the order in which they are searched and results ranked:
- Name -
- Code - ordering indentification number
- Country - products can be filtered by the country they are sold in (e.g. Canada and/or USA)
- Retail and/or Profesionals - who can sell the products
- NPN - Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Medicine Number (DIN-HM)
- Key words - hidden field that allows you to add additional search terms (e.g. conditions and/or ingredients) to increase hits
- Indications - what the product is used for
- Ingredients - what the product contains
- Description - details on the ingredients and how they work
- Amount - how much product (e.g. 60 tabs)
- Recommendations - instructions for taking the product (i.e. dosage)
- Safety - any cautions, contra-indications or drug interactions
- Referencences - works cited
- Image URL - he web address of the product image location (e.g. www.acme.com/images/vitaminC.jpg)
Note: If you would prefer that we enter your data for you, please contact us for a quote for these services
Download Product Spreadsheet
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can we use a pdf file?
No. PDF files do not retain the correct formatting of the original text file.
- How do I add images?
You must supply us with small generic images (up to 10) .
- How do I update my listing?
We can export your current products into a spreadsheet that you can modify and resubmit. The other option is to make changes online.
- How do I create an online account?
Email us and we will send you your account name and password.
- How do I remove discontinued products?
Please provide us with the list of the product names so we can remove them from the users versions.
- How do I add new products?
Complete the "NDAssist product spreadsheet" and notify us that you are adding new products.
The other option is to make changes online.
- How often are updates sent out?
We can update content anytime throughout the year and it is automatically imported into users databases. We typically do this every 1-2 months.